Monday, September 14, 2009

Hugh Jass


Caught a bit of whimsy Saturday night after a long hard days work in the garden and built this Hugh Jass slingshot. It is made all out of Yew wood that was stripped of it's bark in an Idaho forest to make the anti-cancer drug, Taxol. When the 5K year old Ice Man mummy thawed out of the glacier on the border between Austria and Italy in the early 1990s he had with him a Copper ax with a Yew wood handle and an unfinished Yew wood bow. It was the right wood for this task too. She hucks a wormy apple a lot farther than I can!

FYI I just happen to know Hugh Jass' Safeway Club Card info if you ever shop at Safeway and want to chuckle. His phone number is 509.397.1234 (he lives at 666 Church street in Colfaxberg). Use the phone number and you'll get a receipt that says Hugh Jass and you might get the pleasure of having someone say, "Have a nice day Mr./Mrs. Jass"

Once a checker commented on the phone number saying, "That is an easy one to remember." To which I replied, "You don't think I'm going to give you my real phone number just for the sale price do ya?" When the number worked the checker said, "well it must be somebodies phone number Mr. Jass." Guess I should have said, "I'm not giving you my real name just for the sale price, either."

Kristi used it at a Safeway in Lewiston once and got a shocked look from the night manager, who whipped out his own Safeway Club Card receipt and you know whose name was on it? Hugh Jass! Nice to know there are other happy mutants out here. Ain't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment