Monday, June 2, 2014

'91 S10 with the penguin box and a homemade canoe rack: On Display.



Google Street View is a wonderful way to visit places both familiar and new.  I've traveled many lanes through Google's cameras.  Love it.  So when the iconic car passed by me I knew I would have to wait for the next update to see if the camera was rolling.  Sure as shit,, there I am in Little Red, coming and going.   



Someone who should know once told me Bill Gates drives a Blue Ford Focus.  Made my day.  The old Chevy S10, my vehicle of choice,  morphed from eyesore into exquisite social camouflage fit for a king.  I enjoy the freedom of driving an old beater. It helps me get out of self, into the picture, to feel unimportant, and know we are trivial.  That is where I am calmest.  Feel free to judge me by my cover, it only has 125k miles, will never depreciate, and I don't care if it gets scratched.  Perfect.



Trolling around trying to find myself in street view,  I came across the camera's shadow just around the corner. First one I have ever noticed,  but now that I look I can find them everywhere,, like Duh, moving  360 degree camera arrays are often taking pictures of their own shadow. Obvious in hindsight, like most truths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment