Monday, March 9, 2015

Dry Suits Rock

Thank you Jon S for finding those dry suits for $25 each!  Being cold water-proof changes everything.


Never saw myself as a motor-head, but I like to tinker and I do enjoy scooting around.  Dad's '89 500cc water pumps with seats came into my life this fall, and puttering with them this winter was a blast. They are running sweet.


The Clearwater was calling me yesterday.  Unseasonably warm.  Water was gin clear.  Saw two boats the whole day and I climbed from Lewiston up to almost Orofino, gas was half gone when I turned around, but it was all downhill home.  Only made one mistake on the way back; took the wrong side of an island on a stretch that is new to me. It got a little skinny. I never touched the glass on a rock, though I did get startled looks from a couple bank fishermen as I squeaked by them through a tiny channel.  Making turns on glass smooth cold water in the sunshine is feeding my need to ski this snow-less winter.  Saw Bald Eagles on the river and Meadow Larks on top of the grade.  



1 comment:

  1. It was nice to see you smiling from so much sunshine and wind on your face :)

    ReplyDelete